We had such a fun day this past Sunday afternoon celebrating my sister’s birthday! We made this fun spaghetti and meatballs cake!
We will be hosting a bake sale at the Cancer Institute today to help benefit our patient needs fund.
Please come out and support the clinic and get some sweet treats!!
Giant chocolate chip cupcake!
We also have some gluten free shortbread cookies!
Here is the recipe from kingarthurflour.com
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it withparchment.
- Mix all the ingredients, by hand or mixer, until a well-blended, cohesive dough forms; this will take about 2 minutes at medium-low speed in a stand mixer.
- Drop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet (ateaspoon cookie scoop works well here), leaving 1″ between them; these cookies won’t spread much when they bake.
- Use a fork to flatten each cookie to about 1/4″ thick, making a cross-hatch design.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 12 minutes, until just browned on the bottom. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Yield: 22 cookies.
- Serving Size 1 cookie (10g)
- Servings Per Batch 22 cookies
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories 40
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.5g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 30mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 1g
I am so honored to have been asked to speak at the Young Survival Coalition on Janaury 23, 2016. This is an amazing organization that supports younger women facing breast cancer. We will be discussing healthy eating and practical tips after breast cancer. Hope to see you there!
Here is a link: http://symposium.youngsurvival.org/